Real Estate in Massachusetts has been declared an essential business. The Thompson Team will work with you during these confusing times.
As a homeowner, reasons why you would benefit by selling your home now
- There are a huge number of eager buyers right now looking for homes. Homeowners are selling their homes, with an average of 6 days to accept an offer.
- The mortgage rates are at a 60-year low, making it easier for buyers to buy
- There likely will be a surge of homes coming on the market after the emergency is lifted. This means prices will go down, based on supply vs demand. Selling now means a higher sale price for you.
- With unemployment rising, foreclosures may rise, creating more inventory. Prices will go lower.
- We have been riding the high wave and increases in home values for more than 10 years. This may be the time that we see the correction. Sell now while the prices are still high.
- When an appraiser comes to appraise your home after P&S, they will appraise based on sales from the last 60 – 90 days. If you wait, and prices come down, the appraised price for your home could be lower.
- Right now, even real estate guru Gary Keller is selling $30M of his real estate investments. He knows that it is a good time to sell.
Some solutions for homeowners in listing their home in the time of social distancing
- Have the home on the market with a virtual tour for serious buyers.
- Create a video using 3D imaging
- Have our stager help you, remotely if you’d like, going through each room using FaceTime, Google Duo or Skype. Stager can make suggestions remotely.
- Allow a buyer to see your home only after seeing a preapproval letter
- Allow a buyer to see your home with all the safety precautions necessary in place; fresh gloves, face masks, cleaning afterwards.
- Leave all inside doors open so buyers don’t need to touch surfaces. Buyers will be accompanied with their agent only, and the agent will guide them to not touch surfaces
- All paperwork can be completed electronically.
- A home inspector can be allowed in the house by himself. He will give the buyer an in-depth report.
- If you become uncomfortable in any way, you can take your home off the market. When you’d like to re-list, the MLS has agreed to do this without days on market accumulating.
The market continues to be strong even with the challenges of showing properties.
Maximize your opportunity in the market of low inventory, 7-year arm at 2.5% & a 30 year fixed at only 3.25%
View samples how how we will create a virtual showing for you:
2 East Street, Pepperell, MA
Contact The Thompson Team to discuss how our Safe Home Selling Strategies can help you sell your home or buy your next home!
Peter Thompson – 978.844.0188